Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Forever and Ever;;6

I tried my best to hold in my emotions, it was too much. I fell to the floor in tears. Pav said "Madi, I didn't mean to make you cry"
"No its not you, I just think I need to go" " I quickly walked out the locker room door and into the hallway. I was still in tears when Ozzie walked by. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"
"I'm sorry Ozzie I really just cant talk right now...." I'm sure he couldn't make out what I said. I got into my car and drove home.

As I got into the apartment I noticed I was still wearing Jimmy's practice jersey. I took it off. It was kind of hard for me to think of him right then. I laid down and fell asleep. I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I was Morgan, she knew I was upset. "I have something that will cheer you up." She said sounding excited. "I will be there in 10 minutes to get you!" I quickly hung up the phone and changed. I looked like crap. My eyes were puffy from crying and I had make-up all over my face. I didn't have time to wash it off. Morgan was already there.

She still had not told me where we were going. We were in downtown Detroit. We stopped in front of a tattoo shop. "What are we doing here Morgan?" "You'll see." She walked up to the counter. "Uhhh yes I had called earlier? The name is Morgan Pollard" "I have you right here come on back."

I still had no idea what was going on. He told me to lay on my back on the table. It was cold so it sent chills down my back. "Morgan, what are we doing?" "We getting matching tattoos, now shut up!" I must have been pretty tired cause I fell asleep, I could sleep through anything. I got up to look in the mirror. I lifted up my shirt to see a tattoo on my hip bone. It was a Detroit Red Wings symbol that said BFF above it. It was amazing. Morgan came up behind me showing me hers, it was the same thing. "You like it?" She asked. "Oh my gosh, I love it!" "Thought you would." We were all bandaged up as we walked out the door. "Thanks Morgan, you always know the right things to do. She smiled as we got in to the car and drove away.
***

It had been four days since I last talked to Jimmy. I got a text from him. It said "We need to talk, can you come over?" "I replied "Yeah I guess, be there in a few." I got a duffel bag and put all of Jimmy's clothes in it. I thought he might want them back if I knew how the conversation was going to go.

I walked up to Jimmy's door. He answered. Before I could say anything he picked me up off my feet while kissing me and whispered in my ear "You don't know how much I missed you." I pulled myself off of him. "Jimmy it's not okay to act like nothing happened cause something did happen, you had me bawling. I don't appreciate you acting like a total asshole for no reason. I did nothing to you and you pushed me away. Thats really shitty."
"I know but, you have to understand that I get upset when I let it six goals! I need to prove to Babcock that I can be a full time goalie next year. I cant do that by letting in six goals! You understand right?"
"Sure but still you don't have to push me away when I'm trying to be there for you."
"I know and I am really sorry, it wont ever happen again... I promise."
How could I not forgive him? "Okay Mr. Howard" I said while kicking the duffel bag behind me. "Whatca got in the bag?"
"Not a thing" I replied while kissing him roughly as we fell on the couch. I told Jimmy that I thought it was to soon. He agreed, sat up. He saw how I had bandages on my hip bone. "What did you do?" he asked sounding concerned. "Oh yeah Morgan and I got matching tattoo's." I said while lifting up my shirt. He didn't even look, he just touched my stomach and leaned into me. "Jimmy just look at the damn tattoo!" I shouted half kidding. "Oh sorry, yeah I like it, Its a great place for it too" He said while winking.

No comments: