Monday, June 2, 2008

Forever and Ever;;1

Ever since I was a little girl I loved hockey. Then again, my dad was Kirk Maltby. My dad bought me my first pair of skates when I was four. He then taught me how to skate, score, shoot, and pass. Even though my favorite position was goalie. Which my dad didn't approve of. But, for some reason I loved the rush I got when I made a good save. I never really played on a team. Just on the pond in my back yard with my dad and brother Justin. They both told me I was pretty good for my age.

A hard part in my life came when my dad was traded to Edmonton to Detroit. Nothing really bad came out of it though. My dad just seemed to click with Kris Draper. And soon after I met his daughter, Morgan. We became inseparable. I loved that girl to death. As we both grew older, 19 that is, we had the same love for guys. The rookie Val Filppula & Jimmy Howard. We were always at every home game holing up signs that said "We love Hot Howie & We love Finlander's who where #51. We were probably the loudest there. Morgan and I hung out in the locker room before, after, and in between periods. We played heavy metal music trying to get the boys pumped. And, by then Jimmy and Val both knew we loved them, and so did everyone else.

I was totally shocked when they both came up to us after a game where we had won 3-1 and asked us if we wanted to skate around the rink a few times before they went home. We agreed. And fast.

1 comment:

Tay Tay said...

haha AWESOME!

You can visit my fan fic at

www.sidfanfic.blogspot.com

Thanks!