Sunday, June 22, 2008

Forever and Ever;;13

I met Morgan at her place. I hadn't seen her since the night at Cheli's. And that was a weird night. We got in Morgan's car and left. "What was with you and Val the other night at Cheli's?" I asked her as she made a sharp turn. "Oh, I think Downey put something in our drinks, because I woke up the next morning not feeling to good." I laughed as we stepped out of the car. "Are you and Val doing good?" I asked her. "Yeah were doing great! But. can we eat first, I need to talk to you about something." "Yeah, we can, Is everything okay?" "I'm not sure." She had a concerned look on her face.

We sat down at Ruby Tuesdays. We ordered drinks before I asked her "Whats up? Your worrying me." She looked down at her menu and up at me. "Morgan tell me, now." "I think I might be pregnant." "Morgan!" I gasped." I gripped her hand while sitting money down on the table. I drove to the nearest drugstore. We walked in and bought every test they had. "I'm sure everything will be fine, a gave her a hug before adding "Thanks for telling me." We drove back to her place.
Half of the tests were negative and half were positive. "These shitty things!" I yelled while throwing them away. Morgan seemed pretty calm. Morgan got on the phone and called her doctor, and made an appointment for the next day.
We both sat on the couch me trying to comfort my best friend. She was in tears. She managed to get out "I'm not ready to be a mom."
"Have you told Val?"
"No..."
"Well I'm sure everything will be fine. Don't worry."
"Yeah..."
We turned on the Wings game and watched that. Jimmy was still in net. But, we lost 4-3 in OT.
I told Morgan and Jimmy and I. How I was living with him. She didn't seem to say much. I knew she was upset. "I will go to the appointment with you tomorrow."
She looked at me and smiled. "Thanks."
***
I woke up early to get to Morgan's. "Lets get this over with." She said to me. could tell she had been crying.
As we got to the office it was a quick in and out. They would call her with the results in a few days. Since that was over and done with we went to the mall. I still needed to get Jimmy something for his birthday in a few weeks. Our birthdays were really close. His was a few days after he got home. And his was a week after that.
We walked into a sports store where I found a pair of goalie pads, worn by Patrick Roy. They were perfect. '
***
The next day, was a boring one. I spent in cleaning up the old apartment and returning my keys. I got a call from Downey asking me if Morgan and I wanted to go out for beers later that night. It sounded fun. So we agreed.
***
I took a shower and went over to Morgan's. I had on a short dress on with ray leggings, and silver flats. With just some light make-up. Downey, Meech, and Erickson pulled up in the driveway and we walked out. Aaron had a small car so there wasn't room for all of us.
Morgan took the last open seat.
I looked over to Derek who patted his lap. "Looks like you're sitting with me!" He said with a big grin.
I rolled my eyes and sat on him. He was lucky it was a short drive. After a few drinks Arron stood on a table and started dancing to "Sexy boy" I have to admit it was hilarious. So I threw five dollars up on the table. He picked it up and said "Yeah....!!"
***
When we were done Aaron dropped me off. It took me a while to find my keys put when I did I unlocked the door. It was really dark,but I noticed someone standing in the hallway. I freaked. I turned on the lights only to be surprised.

1 comment:

Tay Tay said...

Can't wait to see what happens next!