Monday, July 28, 2008

Forever and Ever;;34

I tried to take what Jimmy said, and make myself feel better about the whole situation. But it wasn't really helping. What he said kept running through my mind, over and over again. I'm thinking about going back to Grand Rapids. I tried to take my mind off of it, but nothing seemed to help. I was hoping I would soon forget.

I woke up the next morning with a terrible stomach ache. I still hadn't gotten my period. So it was time to go to the doctor. I told Jimmy where I was going. He seemed concerned. We had been so careful. Nothing like this was supposed to happen.

I walked into the cold doctors office, which was full off little kids and prenant women. I took a deep breath and sat on a blue leather couch. I watched most of the kids run around and play with toys while I sat there. I loved kids, but I wasn't ready to have one of my own just yet. I was hoping I was just off. And it would be no big deal. I expected the worst.
As time went by I started to feel more uncomfortable sitting there. Finally they called my name. I was in such a daze I jumped. I sat up on the doctors table, and waited. Finally or a tall, dark haired male, stood in front of me.
"What can I do for you today hun?" He asked.
"Uhm, well you see. I'm about two and a half weeks late. I have been having terrible stomach aches also."
"Well let me see what I can do for you then."
I nodded and he took blood from my right arm.
"You're all set hun. We will call you within the next few days."

On the drive home my mind went crazy. How do I tell my parents. What will they say. Maybe I'm not even pregnant. I didn't know who to tell or how to act. Be excited or be scared. The only thing I knew for sure was that I was going to dread the next couple of days. But I had to get through them, one way or another.
***
That night before the game I sat at the locker next to Aaron.
"Are you alright?" He asked "You look really pale."
My face brightened "I'm great!" Aaron could see right through me. He knew something was wrong. He shook his head. "Tell me." I looked around the locker room and then leaned into Aaron. My lips brushed against his ear. "I think I'm pregnant."
"No way!" He laughed.
"Its really not funny."
"Who have you told?"
"Just you and Jimmy. I plan on telling Morgan." Just then Babs called the guys to the bench. Aaron stood up "We'll talk later." "Okay."
We beat Dallas again that night 2-1. At the end off the game I focused my attention on Ozzie. Just then Mike Rabeiro skated towards Ozzie and hit him with a two handed slash and he fell to the ice. The referee blew the whistle and Draper roughed up Ribeiro behind the net. It was completely uncalled for. I got out of my seat and started danging on the glass, like everyone around me. I noticed the broken stick on the ice and Ozzie still down. Was this Jimmy's chance?

3 comments:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

I actually watched that game. Osbad hit Riberio & he retaliated. And then Osbad was being a faker & staying down just to draw the refs attention.

♥Madi said...

Okay... The hit was uncalled for though. Who cares if he get a penelty! Hey now.. I cant only call him Osbad! Hah, jk. But thanks for reading and commenting. I raelly appreciate it.

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

You`re welcome & it`s all in the past so whatever.

Just wait til this coming season...