Monday, July 21, 2008

Forever and Ever;;29



I saw a note hung by a magnet on the fridge.


Madison, went to practice early. Be home around two. Love, Jimmy.





I ran into the bathroom and searched through the cabinets trying to find cough drops. No such luck. I threw on a old pair of sweatpants and a wings hoodie headed to the drugstore. I searched up and down the aisle from cough drops but came across the 'feminine products'.


"Oh god." I thought to myself. "How late am I?"


I counted the weeks since my last. I was a week and a half late. Not good......





Once I got back to the apartment I sat down on the couch with a million thoughts going through my head. I can't have a baby. There's no way I'm pregnant. How could this happen? Whats Jimmy going to say. I tried to take my mind off of it but nothing helped. Hockey. That's what would help. I backed up all of my equipment into the back of the car and headed down to a local rink. I ended up playing with a few teenagers who needed a goalie. I was happy to help them win. Even though the cold are made my throat feel like it was on fire.


***


Once I got back I noticed Jimmy sitting on the couch watching Miracle. He paused the movie and got up to give me a hug. I pushed past him into the bedroom where I threw down my hockey stuff.


"What's wrong?"


"Nothing!" I screamed.


"Is it that time of the month again or something?"


I long and awkward silence followed.

"It's supposed to be." I told him

2 comments:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Oh boy...can`t wait for the reaction.

Kayla Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness I can't wait for the update! lol. :)