Thursday, July 24, 2008

Forever and Ever;;32

I woke up the next morning for find the bedroom door still closed. I sighed and sat up. Since I had knowone to play hockey with I decided to go running. I walked into the bedroom to find Jimmy half asleep. I walked over to my part of the closet and took out a pair of shorts and a Red Wings hoodie. I looked over at Jimmy who motined for me to come and lay with him. I ran my fingers through my curly hair and shook my head "No".

"Come on!" He said.

I shook my head again. "You know Jimmy. I guess I know how much I mean to you. And everything we have been through together is a joke."

"I sorry. Its just...."

I didn't want to hear his point of view about it. He had been pretty straight forward about it last night.

"Save it Jimmy." And I closed the door behind me.

I put my head phones in my ears and began running. It had been a while but I could still do distance. I did alot of thinking. If Jimmy wants to go back to GR then I shouldn't keep him from doing it. Its his carrer not mine. Before I knew it I was standing in front of the Gordie Howe entrence at the Joe. The Joe wasn't that far from our apartment. Threee miles maybe. I stood there with mt hands on my hips just looking at it. So many memories had veen made there. I can't go with him. My whole life is here. I thought to myself again. My mind was telling me to go in, play some hockey. My body was telling me no. But right now, I had no energy to play hockey. I was just too worn out. Physiclly and emotionally. I sat myself down on the steps and burried my face in my knees.

I sat there for a few minutes before I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see our zambonie driver Al.

"You want in?" He asked.

"Sure."

Al unlocked the doors from me. And I walked into the locker room. I turned my attention to Jimmys locker. I took a picture off one of the magnets a staired at it. It was the two of us. Some night when we went out with the guys. Jimmy was sitting on a bar stool and I was sitting on his lap. I picked up the next one. It was of Meech, Aaron, Jimmy and I. I had my hands on my hips as the rest of the guys surronded me making funny faces, I couldn't help but laugh. It was probably my favorite picture of all time. I walked past Aaron's locker to see a bunch of photos also. He had a ton of us together. And a few when we were with the guys. Leaving Detroit...was not something I wanted to do.

1 comment:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

OH BOY!!! Can`t wait to see what happens.