Thursday, July 10, 2008

Forever and Ever;;24

The playoffs came around quickly. We faced Nashville in the first round.
I walked into the locker room after the pre-game skate and sat next to Jimmy.
"You okay?" I asked him. I knew he was kind of upset because he wasn't going to be playing at all. And if he was it would have been a miracle. Ozzie was starter, he would be starting.
"I'm fine."
A long silence came before I tried to break it with a joke.
"I don't even know why you like me then!"
He looked at me obviously not knowing I was kidding. "Madi, in the past few months I have noticed so much about you. You look at the world in such a different way. Whether we win of lose your happy. And you re the one person in here who keeps everyone going and has a positive attitude. For instance, you're one of the very few girls I know who puts on tons of makeup, but doesn't need at at all. When you look at yourself in the mirror every morning, its not a 'I'm so hot look. It's a 'who am i really' look. I love you so much for all of those things that make you.. you.
I looked deep down into those blue eyes of his. He must have been telling the truth.
"That is either the weirdest..... or sweetest thing I have ever heard."
I kissed I'm gently before I walked out the door.
Aaron was standing out in the hallway, so I came up from behind and hit his butt.
He jumped and said "Real nice. Wait till I tell Jimmy about this."
I laughed one more time before I told him "Go get em'"


We beat Nashville that night 3-1. Except for once again.. I say by myself. Morgan was at home, with Ally. I could go over there and watch the games with her. But being at the Joe during the playoffs was amazing. The energy and the fans. I loved it.

After the game Jimmy put on regular clothes. I walked out to the care with him and said "I think this is the year."
"Don't be to sure though."
***
When we got back to the apartment, I put on sweatpants and sat on the couch next to him.
"What do you want to do this summer?" He asked.
"Well if you guys do win the cup. you should bring it to New york, James." I laughed at his real name. It didn't fit him at all.
"That's a great idea." I kissed me slightly before I fell asleep on his shoulder.

5 comments:

I love Bill Kaulitz and Sidney Crosby said...

awwwwww that was really good!! u should put some more sidney action in it though!! ha ha lol

♥Morgan said...

ooo Jimmy is majorly in love with you! haha JAMES!...more like HOT HOWIE!!!! WOOO
I really hope he's our backup goalie, not only because I can stare at his gorgeous face, but he's the BOMB!!!!

Tay Tay said...

awww, how sweet! Please write more!

P.S. I agree with Bre, you should put in some more Sidney action! haha

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Some times I question why I read a Red Wings story. It`s good, but it also brings me so much pain.

LETS GO PENS!!!

♥Madi said...

haha. well im sorry about that. But me being a wings fan. I think the wings had an amazing season and deserve the cup. They play with a unebelivabe amount of heart.The Pens also had a great season. I don't personally like them but i respect them.
Let Go Wings!<3 and Jimmy. ha. Im hoping he will be our backup this coming season.