Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Forever and Ever;;23

We won the last few games of the season. And then, it was on to the playoffs.
***
But before we faced Nashville, Jimmy and I were going to a charity event in downtown Detroit. I guess a lot of guys from different teams were going to be there.

"Zip it," I told Jimmy
He looked at me with a weird grin.
I laughed. "The dress!"
"Ohhh, yeah sure."
When my black cocktail dress was zipped Jimmy turned me around.
"You mean everything to me Madi."
I gave him a shy smile. "No Jimmy, you mean everything to me."
He kissed my neck "You look great."
I fixed his red tie "You don't look to bad yourself."
He took my hand as we walked out the front door.
***
When we got there there was tons of people. So many you couldn't move around.
I sighed and looked at Jimmy. "Do we really have to to here?"
"Babe, its for charity."
"I know..."
"Listen I'm going to talk to the guys. Coming?"
"No, I'm going to get a beer."
"Okay. Get me one."
I nodded and slowly made my way over to the bar. I hated bug crowds. The made me nervous, seeing that I was so self conscious.
"Two Miller Lights." I told the bar tender.
He handed them to me, I turned around but quickly ran into someone who was taller than me. I expected it to be Jimmy. So, I handed him the beer and looked up. It was definitely not Jimmy.
"Sidney Crosby" He held out his hand.
I was shocked. I had always liked Sidney as a player. But I had never met him.
I looked up at him. "You have a name right?" He said to me.
I laughed "Madison... Maltby."
He sat down on one of the bar stools and made a gesture for me to do the same.
I sat down next to him and turned my stool to face his. "Kirk Maltby's daughter?"
"Yeah.." I told him still shocked.
We started talking about nothing in particular. When it came to a question I didn't expect him to ask.
"Boyfriend?" He asked.
I turned over and say Jimmy talking to Colby Armstrong.
"Actually.... yeah I do. But cmon Sid the Kid. An amazing hockey player. Heartthrob. You must have a girlfriend?"
"Actually I don't."
I nodded and looked back and Jimmy one more time. Who was looking at me. I blushed shyly as I laughed.
I sat there most of the night talking to Sidney. He seemed like a real great guy. Layed back, funny, and always had something to talk about. He always seemed like a jerk and a complainer on TV but he was actually nothing like that. He was a genuinely sweet guy.
I blackberry vibrated and said 'One new text from Jimmy.'
"Want to go?"
"Yeah I will meet you outside in a second."
When I was done Sidney took the phone out of my hand. And saw the text from Jimmy.
"Oh yeah,, you are dating Howard right?"
"Mmhm." I told him as he put his number in.
He handed me his phone and said "Put yours in."
When we were done I handed his phone back and said "Thanks!"
"Call sometime. I am sure we will be seeing the Wings in the playoffs. We should hang out. I mean if that's okay?!
"It would be fine."
I gave Sidney a small hug and said "Night."


I walked out the front door and say Jimmy standing to the left. He took me in a hug and kissed my neck. "What do you want to do now..." He asked me
I bit my lip. "Ohhh I don't know."
"Oh but I think you do..."
We got back to his apartment taking clothes off as we came through the door.
I stepped away for a second "Playoffs?" I asked him.
"Doesn't matter"
Burying my face in his neck I said "Okay then.."

4 comments:

Kayla Elizabeth said...

I really like this story! :) It's really good! :)

I love Bill Kaulitz and Sidney Crosby said...

OOOooohhh la la!! I like it!! I'm sorry i didn't know that you had a camera part! I read your stories but i probably forgot cause i have the worst memory ever!! sorry

Tay Tay said...

YES! REAL ACTION HERE! NOW WE'VE GOT CROSBY IN THE STORY! I can't wait to see what happens next!

I always thought that Crosby was a real baby, always whining to the refs, but I have a feeling he's a pretty sweet guy...

♥Morgan said...

Like the Story Madi, keep it going with Hott Howie! cuz he's just a sexy boy, sexy boii! lmao! =P