Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Forever and Ever;;27

I sent Aaron a text message. Are u home? It took him a while to respond. Yeah. come on over. I would love to see you.



I got into my older Pontiac G6 and drove to Aaron and Meechers apartment complex.


When I got there Aaron greeted me at the door. I gave him a hug. And he kissed my cheek.

"I'm really sorry for talking to you like that the other night."

"It's fine I understand." I nodded and rocked back and forth on my feet. Still standing in the hallway.

"So am I not allowed to come in or what?"

"Meechers kind of on a date."

"No way!" I peeked my head over Aaron's shoulder to see a tall brunette sitting playing video games with Meech.

I pushed my way past him and looked at the TV.

"Is that the new NHL 08?" I asked.

"Sure is!" Meech paused the game and got up from his place on the floor.

"Madi, this is Megan. Megan, this is Jimmy's girlfriend Madison."

"It's really nice to meet you." She held out her hand.

We spent the rest of that night playing NHL 08. Me, Aaron, Jimmy, Derek, and Megan.

***

Facing Nashville that night made me nervous. It was a must win. We did beat them 3-2.

Then beat them in game five to win the series in only six games.

"Are we going or not?" I asked Aaron.

"Yeah we will get cleaned up and then go."

It had been a tradition for the team to go to a bar called the Whisky Barrel ever time we won a series. It was probably my favorite bar. Plus, we always had a great time since they gave out free cowboy hats.
I had on black skinny jeans, along with a black and white sleeveless shirt. I stood in the locker room waiting for everyone.
I could fell someone tap my shoulder, so I quickly turned around.
"Morgan!" I screamed.
"How could a miss this?" She came around and stood next to me.
"I'm really happy you're going. I have missed you lately."
"I know it was time to get out."
***
I woke up the next morning not being able to remember anything.
I turned to Jimmy. "Last night must have been crazy."
"More than crazy."
I sighed and fell back asleep.

1 comment:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

so somehow I ended up not reading 26...but now I`m all caught up & can`t wait for more.