Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Forever and Ever;;31

After sweeping the Avs those nights, we got on Red Bird II and went back home to Detroit. I decided to go to my parents house for a while. As soon as I walked in the door my four year old sister Ella ran up to me and gave me a big hug. Even though she was four she was my biggest fan. "I made this for you!" She told me as she handed me a picture she had colored. "Oh its so pretty." I said while picking her up. And she gave me that same look she had given me since she was four months old. I glanced over at my mom Wendy who was having twins in July. She was getting big. I put Ella down and ran over to her. Gave her a hug, and put my ear down to he stomach, so I could hear them kick. I stayed at the house the rest of the day playing with El. She wanted to show me all of her new toys. So I willingly let her. My dad had already had Ella on skates when she was two. So by four she didn't skate to bad for her age.

I walked into the kitchen as my mom was doing dishes. "Hey Mom?"

"Yeah hun?"

"Where's Justin?"

"I never know where that boy is anymore. Probably out playing hockey somewhere.Why?"

"I haven't talked to him in months."

I gave my mom, dad, and Ella hugs before I left. I looked down at my phone. It was ten and Jimmy hadn't called once which is strange. If I wasn't at the apartment, he always called. Once I got inside I noticed a six pack on the counter. 'Great' I thought. 'This will be fun.' I walked into the bedroom to find Jimmy sitting on the bed.

"Hey babe." I said.

He didn't even say anything. Didn't even look at me.

"Okay Jimmy. What your deal lately?"

"What are you talking about?" He began to get snappy.

"You don't call me anymore. You never want to do anything. You won't even play hockey with me!"

"I have been doing alot of thinking lately."

"And...."

"I'm been thinking about going back to Grand Rapids."

"What?" I screamed.

"I'm sick of not getting that much playing time. If I was in GR then I would be getting a ton more."

"Jimmy guys dream of being in the NHL you don't know how lucky you are. If you're going to Grand Rapids, you know I'm not coming with you."

"I know...."

My jaw dropped. I took a pillow from the bed and slammed the door behind me. I camped out on the couch the rest of the night.

2 comments:

♥Morgan said...

AHH Madison! you leave me hanging right before I'm going camping tomorrow and won't be able to read it until sunday night!!! grrr you little!

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

*GASP* Jimmy`s in trouble. Can`t wait for more.