Sunday, July 27, 2008

Forever and Ever;;33

That night we played Dallas. This was where we got set back the previous season against Anaheim. I was really hoping we wouldn't have a repeat. Jimmy and I hadn't talked at all that day. Sure we crossed paths but he didn't dare to say anything to me. He probably thought all of this was going to blow over. But it wasn't.



That night against Dallas I walked into the locker from after the pre-game skate. I sat next to Jimmy, not saying anything to him. I turned my attention to the door where Ozzie came in. He squirted me with his water bottle. "Get up." He said with a huge grin. I was sitting at his locker. I shook my head "No! You can sit your ass on the ground." I had always messed with Ozzie like that. He picked on me ever since I was little. He looked around for a second, and sat down on the ground, and started taking off his skates. I laughed and he glared back at me. "I'll get you back don't worry." "Sure NOgood."


I looked over at Jimmy who hadn't said a word to me that whole day. "Let's talk later. Alright?" I asked him. He sent me a small smile and said "Okay." Before he had to head to the ice I wrapped him a warm hug. I pulled back and he kissed my forehead. "I'll be watching."I assured him.


That night was rough but we did come out and beat Dallas in a huge 4-1 win. That was a way to open a series. My stomach hurt through the whole game. I wanted to get home and talk to Jimmy about Grand Rapids, but I knew it wasn't going to be pretty.

***

Once we got back to the apartment that night. i sat down on the bed and waited for Jimmy.

"Tell me what's going on?" I asked him.

"I'm not planning on going to GR. I was just thinking, that if Detroit doesn't want me back next season that's where I might go."

"Seriously, I used to know your every thought. Now I don't even know what goes on in that head of yours!"

"I'm sorry."

"I really wish sorry fixed things."

"You know I would never pick hockey over you."

"Dont say that. You career is nore important than me. And I expect it to be."

"It never is, or will be."