Saturday, August 2, 2008

Forever and Ever;;37

The next morning, while I was unloading the last boxes from the car, Aaron came up from behind me. "Hey!" His voice made me jump. I turned around quickly and handed him a box. "Take this in for me. Please? He shook his head and sat the box on the ground. "What am I your maid?" I grin spread across my face. "You can be!" He picked me up and threw me on his back, and started running threw the yard. We were getting a bunch of weird looks from people across the street.





But before I could tell Aaron to put me down, I was on the ground. An unbelievable amount of pain shooting threw my foot. I looked down, when Aaron had dropped me, my foot had also gotten wrapped up in the same garden house Aaron had tripped over a day earlier. I tried to get my composure back and stand up, but all I did was fall back down.



Aaron held out his hand, "Are you alright?" I shook my head, "I don't know, I can't put alot of pressure on it." "Is that the same one I tripped over yesterday?" I smiled, knowing it was the same one Aaron tripped over made me not feel as much of a klutz. I laughed, "Yeah, this would be the one." We sat there in the grass for a few minutes just laughing. But, I couldn't just ignore the pain in my foot. I looked down at it one more time to notice it had gotten black and blue. "That looks bad," Aaron told me. "You should get it checked out." "Ill tough it out." "I have had alot of broken bones in my day... I'm serious, It needs checked out." Just as he finished, Jimmy pulled up in the driveway, and walked over to where we were sitting, "What's.... going on?"



I pointed towards my foot, "That's whats going on." "You need to get that checked out."

Before I knew it Aaron was lifting me up off the ground and sat me in the back seat of his car. "Guys, Ill be fine!" They were taking me against my will. I didn't feel like going to sit in a emergency room for hours. They insisted I go though. I swear we sat in the hospital for over two hours. I was actually happy that they had taken me though. I later found out that I had fractured my foot. I would be in crutches at least a month and a half. They put a cast on my foot, that came up below my knee. "How tall are you? The nurse asked. "5'2" I continued to play with my hair. I couldn't believe this had happened. Just then my parents walked in, along with Morgan and Val. I told Jimmy not to call anyone, I was fine. I guess he didn't listen. Val starting talking to Jimmy and Aaron, while Morgan came and sat on the bed next to me. "What happened?"My dad asked, sounding concerned.

"It's just a fracture" I told him. "I don't really feel like explaining what happened right now. I'm tired and want to get out of here." the nurse handed me my crutches and said I was free to go. "Thank God." I said to myself. They guys were flying to Dallas for the last game that night. Either we won it and were going to the Stanley Cup Finals , or we were coming back home to play them again. Nothing was holding me back from going on that trip. Nothing.

3 comments:

Kayla Elizabeth said...

Yess I still read your story! It's very good! :)

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Can`t wait for more.

Anonymous said...

i absolutley love your story.
keep writing!