Thursday, August 7, 2008

Forever and Ever;;42

I sat in my regular seat, as the lights dimmed, and the announcer called out the lineup. They lowered Al the Octopus to the ice, and red lights flashed all around me. The Joe was an amazing place to be during the playoffs, the energy, the excitement, I loved it. That night Ozzie didn't let one in, Sammy had two goal's, and we beat the Pens 4-0. The final buzzer rang and everyone
was on their feet, I stood up an cheered before I made my way I made my way into the locker room.

***

"Hey Sid!" I said, when I picked up my phone the next morning.

"What are you doing today?"

"Nothing really."

"Want to get something to eat with me later tonight?"

I was silent for a second, Should I? "Uh, sure."

"Seven sound okay?"

"Great."



I sighed and fell against the couch I hope I'm doing the right thing. I sat down with my laptop, looking for schools. "Oh God," I mumbled. I scrolled down to see that the closest school that had the classes.....We're in Pittsburgh. I took a deep breath and closed the computer, sitting it on the coffee table. Either I was going back to school in the Fall, which meant leaving Jimmy for maybe a year and a half at the most. Or going to Pittsburgh to get my dream job. I knew Jimmy would hate me forever if I went. I had a choice, but it wasn't going to be easy.

***

"Where are you going?" Jimmy asked me when I pulled a black top over my head.

"Oh, out with friends. I won't be gone long." I hated lieing to him, but I didn't want him to think something was going between Sid and I. Because nothing was. A friend eating dinner with a friend. But he might think it was more that that. I told Sidney I would meet him at the hotel they were staying at.



We did nothing more than have dinner at a nice Italian restaurant called Bravo.

"I have something to give you." Sidney said

"Oh yeah, what would that be?"

Sidney lead my out to his Range Rover, where he dug through the back seat.

"Ah, hear it is." He pulled out none other, than a Penguins jersey. With 'Crosby' on the back. "I guessed a small?"

"I'm not worried about the size Sid." I laughed. and held it out in front of me, "I'm not sure when I'm going to wear this."

"Wear it to the next game!"

"Yeah right! Do you want my friends to kill me?" By then he was standing not far from me. His warm breath was beating down on my neck. His lips brushed against mine, "Sidney, I can't."

"I understand." I wrapped my arms around his neck and he kissed my forehead. I got into my car and sat there for a second. Was I really falling for Sidney Crosby?

5 comments:

Kayla Elizabeth said...

Crushing on Sid?? Lol. Great! :D

Anonymous said...

ahhh!
its getting really interestinngg!
update soon pleaseee.
:)

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Wow I was behind. But I like the chapter & can`t wait for more. That game was super painful to watch. I was the Mellon for it & watching all 11,000 bandwagon fans walk out after the third goal was scored hurt the most.

Anonymous said...

plz update soon, i loveeee your story!!!!!!!!

♥Madi said...

Sorry for the long wait, ill be updating soon!