Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Forever and Ever;;43

"What the hell is this?" Jimmy asked me the next morning. He threw the second page of the sports section at me. I rubbed my eyes, trying to get my vision clear. I stared down at the page, "Oh god," I mumbled. "How did they get this?" There it was, on the second page of the Detroit Free Press, Sidney and I. The title read 'The Playoffs heat up. In more that one way!' My eyes stayed glued to the page, as I scanned the artical. I looked up, my eyes met with Jimmy's. I sighed, searching for the words to say. "Well?" The tone of his voice made me flinch. "Nothing happened." I said quietly. He stanched the paper out of my hand, and stared at the picture. "Looks like something to me."

"Were just friends! Do you really think I would do that to you?" I practically screamed.

I expected him to be mad, but I was hoping he would listen to me.

"Sidney is just... a great guy. As a friend, nothing more."

"I really wished I believed you." He walked down the hallway and slammed the bathroom door behind him.

I sighed and threw on a sweatshirt, and limped across the yard to Aaron's. I knew they would give me crap about the papers too, but I had nothing else better to do. Once I walked in the from door, I saw Kyle (Quincey) and Helm there too. Kyle's eyes shot up at me. They must have been talking about me. I sat myself on the leather couch and groaned. The newspaper sat in front of me, and Aaron eyed me from the kitchen. Kyle sat down next to me and tried to make a conversation, "So how have you been?" I was becoming frustrated and bit my lip. "Do you want to know what happened?" Referring to the papers. "Please?" Aaron spoke up fome the other room. "Well, first of all, there's nothing going on." "Looks like something to me," Aaron pointed to the photo. "That's what Jimmy said." I looked down at my feet, I felt terrible. Like I was going to puke.

"Look Madi, I see the way Jimmy looks at you. He loves you more than anything in the world," My eyes widened, Helm was always the quiet guy. It was unlike him to say that. I closed my eyes and tried to gather my thoughts. A tear fell from my cheek, but I wiped it away. "I don't even know what to say. I love Jimmy more than anything-" "We know" They all said at once. "So then you guys know, I love him and I would never try and do that."
"You don't even know how much he talks about you when you're not around"
"Oh really, what does he tell you guys?"
"Can't tell you that." He didn't have to tell me what they talked about. I knew exactly what it was.
"So what exactly were you doing with Sidney?" Aaron asked.
"Having dinner.... as friends."
"Ohh." Aaron large arms wrapped around me, "I'll talk to him. But you have to promise me, nothings going on?"
"I promise."

3 comments:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

OH BOY!!!! Can`t wait for more.

♥Morgan said...

OOOOOO!!!!! Cannot wait for more! Update again soon please! =]

Anonymous said...

ohhh its getting good!
update soon please.