Monday, August 4, 2008

Forever and Ever;;39

I put my phone back in my pocket and ran over to Jimmy as fast as I could. I put my lips to his. "Congratulations baby. We made it!"

"First time in my NHL carrier."

"Then we will have to celebrate. I mean, In our own special way." I winked.


His eyebrows shot up. "Ohh really,"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Maybe,"

I made my way over to Derek and Aaron. "Alright guys wheres my hugs?" They smiled at each other, and crossed my arms. "Oh cmon, don't be like that!" I gave them the puppy dog face. Finally after threatening them, they gave in. "I love you guys. You are definitely my best friends."
"We love you too." They said at exactly the same time, my face nuzzled into Aaron's shoulder. I didn't know what I would do without these guys in my life. "When we get home, instead of going to Whiskeys, were having a barbecue at the house." Aaron told me. "Fine by me." "But there's one problem, I need help getting the house ready."
"So you guys want me to help you?"
"Please??" They begged.
I groaned, "I guess... but you guys have to help me paint."
"Sure."
***
When we got home the next day, I stood in the foyer with Jimmy.
"Do you really trust me with the decorating?" I asked.
"Of course! You just have to let me decorate one room."
"Do what ever you want with the computer room."
"I was thinking about a light yellow and Orange," I added

I walked across the yard, this time avoiding the garden house, to Aaron's house.
"Hey sweet cheeks!" I said when he opened the door, and smacked his butt. It was almost two but it looked like he had just gotten up. I saw Meecher sitting on the couch playing NHL 08 again. I took the controller out of his hand and beat Marty Turco for the winning goal.
"How do you like me now?" I laughed.
He was speechless, "How did you-when did you-"
"I know I'm pretty good."
"Aaron! What do you want me to do?" He was still half asleep sitting next to me.

We walked onto the back porch. They had a pool a little bigger than ours. "Well we need to set up streamers, balloon's, make signs, stuff like that. I noticed that I was standing next to Derek, and we were right by the pool. I gave him a evil look and he didn't really get it, until it was too late. I gave him a little push, but it was just enough. Water flew up in the air, and Aaron jumped in too. Derek surfaced and shook the water out of his face. I was dieing to jump in, put I wasn't sure how it would be on my foot. After about three hours we had everything ready to go, I even made I sign that said 'Future Stanley Cup Champions'.

I went home and took a shower, dried and curled my hair. I put on my favorite American Eagle bikini and a navy blue sun dress. Just as I slid my dress over my head I heard Jimmy's voice. "Hey."
"Hey. You better hurry up and get ready!"
"I know.
***
As we were walking next door, Jimmy's hand brushed against mine. I grabbed it and intertwined our fingers. He stopped dead in his tracks, I looked around "What?"
"I love you babe."
"I love you too."
I spend most off the night playing 'Bull Shit" with Ozzie, Mule, and Homer.

1 comment:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

can`t wait for more...well maybe I can (you know with the whole bad memories thing.)