Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Forever and Ever;;40

I went shopping with Morgan that weekend. I had to get more paint, and look at furniture. I hated the couch and bed Jimmy had, so those two things were a must.

"How about this?" Morgan asked when she picked up a pillow. I took a closer look, one side of it sad 'Tonight' and the other half said 'Not tonight.'



"Oh I bet Jimmy would love that." I told her no but she threw two in the cart anyways. I had a perfect idea for our bedroom. I found an amazing Red Wings comforter set on Ebay. So I ordered it. Two walls were going to be black and two were going to be red. I planned on putting trophy's and awards Jimmy had won on a side table. Since he had played at the University of Maine, Flint Generals, and the Griffs. Jimmy went out with the guys that day to a Tigers game. Aaron and Meech stuck to there promise and finished painting the bottom part of the house before I left. I decided on a light yellow and orange, like I had thought of before. I was hoping it wouldn't be to bright. I didn't want Jimmy to hate it. I was pretty sure he was done with the room he was working on also. But, he locked to door so I wasn't able to get in.



Morgan stopped at a beige colored couch. "What about this one?"

"Eh." My Canadian accent kicking in. "I guess it's okay."

I hadn't seen anything else that day so it would do.

"What size bed do you guys want?"

"Oh definitely a queen!" I joked

"I bet."

"Morgan! You're terrible!" She smiled as we continued around the store.

We stopped at a black iron queen bed, that had a crazy design on the headboard.

"It's perfect."

***

Once I walked through the front door, the smell of fresh paint surrounded me.

"Wow, I love the colors." Morgan said.

They were perfect, they went with everything so well. I brought out a framed newspaper, it was after we had won the Stanley Cup in 2002. It had Scotty Bowman and Stevie holding the cup. 'Priceless' spread across the from page for all of Michigan to see. My broken foot hadn't stopped me form doing anything. Even though I was supposed to use my crutches, I hobbled around without them anyway. The guys had even painted the red and white for me, put on Red Wings stickers, signed them, and my cast.

***

As I finished putting Jimmy's things on a table in the bedroom, I heard the front door squeak. he most likely thought I was sleeping since it had gotten late. Morgan had left hours ago, I told her I could finish the rest on my own.



He was probably mad, seeing the Tigers lost. Nothing new really.

"Hey, how was the game." I asked, standing in the hallway.

"Terrible."

"Ohh."

"How's the foot?"

"Hurts like hell."

"Sorry babe,"

"Its alright."

"I want to show you something." He took my hand in his and went down to the hallway, into the room he said he was 'decorating'.

No comments: