Sunday, August 17, 2008

Forever and Ever;;44

I woke up the next morning in a familiar room. My old bedroom, at my parents house. I had gone there because going back to the house, was not something I thought would go over well. Ella ran in the bed room and jumped on my bed. "You're here, you're here!" She screamed. No matter how upset I was, hat little girl could put a smile on my face. Since Ella had opened the door, the smell of breakfast came in to my room. Canadian Bacon, my dad made the best. Ella was pulling me off the bed, "Come sit by me!" I threw my hair in a ponytail and walked into the kitchen.



"Canadian bacon eh' Pops?"



"Of course!" Just then my mom walked into the kitchen, she looked bigger than the last time I saw her, but I'm sure she wasn't. "Phew, sure smells good!" She hadn't noticed me sitting on the bar stool yet, "Hey mom." She jumped, "Hey hunny, What are you doing here?" She talked slow, I knew she had seen the paper. Then there was my dad, who never read the paper. I would have rather talked to my mom about this anyway, not my dad.







I played with the eggs on my plate, I had no appetite. Ella stanched the last piece of bacon off my plate, and shoved it in her mouth. I didn't even care. My dad came around the counter at took the plate from me, "Are you alright?" I came out of my thoughts and took a deep breath, "Yeah, just a little tired." I lied. More like sick of not being able to play hockey, fighting with Jimmy, the Playoffs, going to school in Pittsburgh, Sidney, It was all to much for me. I tried my best to handle it, but I couldn't. A warm tear fell down my cheek, and Ella wiped it away. "I'm sorry for taking your bacon," "No, no El. It's okay." She smiled, and hopped down off the stool. My mom came and put her arm around me, "Go get dressed" I obied and walked into my bedroom. I stared at the walls for a second. All of my hockey gear, photos, collectibles were there. It made me feel so guilty, so hurt. I should have been home more, with my family. What kind of sister was I, I hadn't talked to my own brother in six months. So many emotions were coming over me, and I had no idea why. I wanted so much to be with Jimmy at that exact moment, but I knew it wasn't possible.



My phone vibrated on the charger. I wanted it to be Jimmy, but I knew it wouldn't be.


"Hey Aaron."


"Can you come over, we need to talk."


"Uhh.'"


"It's important."


I sighed "Give me ten minutes"


***

I knew this talk wasn't going to be a good one. He had talked to Jimmy. Before I drove into the driveway, I stopped at the house. I noticed the Jimmy's car wasn't in the driveway. It was a good thing, because otherwise, I might have wanted to go and talk. Which didn't seem like the right thing to do right now. I made my way up the sidewalk and Aaron opened the door. And once I saw the look on his face, I knew something was wrong.


I smiled slightly when he greeted me, and sat on their black leather couch, and Aaron sat next to me. I waited for him to say something, and he didn't. He just sat there and looked at his feet.


"Aaron, you need to tell me."


"Well... I hope you weren't expecting him to be happy. Because he definitely not."


I rubbed my eyes, "I know, and I really wish i could say or so something to make it better, and I can't."


"I think, you guys just need some time apart, figure things out."


Maybe Aaron was right. Maybe that is what we needed. We had spent alot of time together. But then again, it hurt me so much.


I put my hand in my face, and cried. Aaron put his arm around me, "Don't cry. he'll come around."


"Aar, the one thing that would get me through this is hockey, I can't even do that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what's going to happen with Jimmy and Sidney.
It's getting really good.
Update soon please. :)

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Awww. Can`t wait for more.