Sunday, August 3, 2008

Forever and Ever;;38

I sat myself down on the plane, and out my crutches where are usually sat. He sat in the seat next to me across the isle. Once he got on the plane about ten minutes later, he glared at me. "Well I guess it was kind of my fault. But they can stay here on this one time!" He moved them over to where he usually rested his feet. I took my crutches from Aaron and walked up to the front, where some off the guys were playing cards. My dad had told most of them what happened, thank God. I was in no mood to explain what happened. I laid down my royal flush "You know guys," "What?" Mule asked. "The worst part about it is...." I swallowed hard. It was hard for me to over come the thought. "I can't play any hockey." The mood darkened around the table, a sob coming up in my throat. Don't you dare cry. I told myself. I sat my hand of cards down and buried my face in my hands. Jimmy put his arm around me and kissed the side of my head. "It'll be alright"





But it wouldn't, even after I did get this cast off. I would never play hockey the same. And, it would take forever for me to play as well as I did before. I hated the thought, but tried to focus on other things. I checked my phone to see that the Penguins had beat the Flyers. They were going to the finals. The guys were going to beat Dallas tonight. That was that. I steeped off the plane, and the hot Texas air met my face. I walked into the building, and noticed that Ken and Mickey were on the air. A Dallas fan came up form behind them, "Detroit still sucks." Aaron's face became red, "Not tonight," I told him "We need you."



We continued our way into the locker rooms past fans and reporters. Tons of them wanted interviews, but when I didn't see Ken or Mickey, I went past. Since it was a away game I decided to to the bench to watch the game. I sat next to Jimmy. I smiled up at him and kissed his lips gently. "Howard!" Babs called. "You better be counting those face offs!" I turned my attention back to the game. As the final second ticked away, we wear leading by three goals. I stood on my feet. 10...9...8...7...6 My heart was beating fast and my mind was going crazy. 3..2...1. We were going to the Stanley cup finals! They guys jumped over the boards and onto the ice, celebrating with Ozzie. I gave Babcock a hug. He got us this far. Jimmy grabbed my waist and threw me over his shoulder, taking me out to the ice. He sat me down in front of Ozzie. "Thanks Ozzie, we couldn't have done this without you." I hugged him tightly. "I'm just glad you were hear to celebrate with us." I looked around for Morgan, but she found me first. "Do you believe this?!" She practically screamed. I felt my phone vibrate, "Hold on a second." I told Morgan.

"Sidney!" I yelled. Covering my other ear from all the noise.
"Well, look who were facing in the finals."
"It's going to be great."
"Come see me sometime. We should talk."
"Ok."
"What going on with you and Howard?"
"Sidney... your a hockey heartthrob. Still no girlfriend?"
"Nah,"
"Tell me Sid, how many girls have you laid in the past month?"
He laughed "Just a few."
"You're such a lier. I bet you like those puck bunnies."
"Hell no!"
"Listen, we can talk later. I have to go celebrate. Bye Sid."
"Bye Madi."

1 comment:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

UGH...it`s time for me to relive bad memories isn`t it?