Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Forever and Ever;;59

I woke up too early the next morning. But I couldn't help it, excitement was brewing in the pit of my stomach, and I was about to explode. At least that's what I thought it was. I was truthfully exhausted from everything last night, but I couldn't seem to fall back asleep.


Jimmy groaned when I sat up. "Honestly babe, do you ever sleep?" He turned over to face the wall, he obviously knew that answer himself. I laughed and got up to warm up the shower. As that was getting ready I opened up the porch door, trying to see what the weather was like, to see what I should wear today. The hot air immediately hit my face. It had to have been at least 85 degrees out today. So, I settled on a the shortest jean shorts I had, and a new Stanley Cup Champions shirt I had got last night, it was white.



I washed my hair and dried it, pulling all of my hair back into a ponytail, except my bangs. I didn't bother to put much makeup on, it would all be off with the heat and such soon anyways. I put on my Champions hat, and went back out into the living room. Jimmy was just now coming out of the bedroom behind me. He one handily grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Morning." I smiled, "Gooooood Morning!" I broke free of his grasp, and went out in the living room to plug in the X-box. I searched for NHL 08, but couldn't seem to find it in my collection of games. Then I had remembered that Aaron took it over to his place.


I didn't feel like walking over there to get it, my foot had been bothering me lately, so I called him instead. He answered on the third ring, and sounded excited.
"What up?!"

"Aaron, you had better bring my game back here right now!"

"Uh, I think I gave it to..." He trailed off and there was a long pause.

"I don't care who has it, get it back." I didn't mind that he used my stuff, but I never got it back or he gave it away. I didn't feel like arguing with him, so I just hung up. He would be over soon anyway. Him and Meech were riding with us to the Joe. We were all meeting up there first.
I looked at the clock on my cell phone, and it was 11:45, and we needed to be at the Joe by noon.

It didn't take Jimmy long to get ready, so we were out the door within the next few minutes. Aaron and Derek were already waiting by the car,
***

Jimmy had told me earlier that we would be riding in a Ford Truck instead of a float. So I wasn't surprised to see at least 30 Ford Trucks parked in front of Joe Louis. Jimmy, Derek, Aaron, and I all hoped in the back of a bright red one. We all waved and smiled at fans as we drove down Woodward Avenue. Aaron had one a huge pair on sunglasses. Way to big from his face, and every time I looked at him I couldn't help but laugh.
"Take those damn glasses off before I die!"
"No way! You're just jealous..." He ruffled his hair in the slight breeze and turned away.
Jimmy then put his arm around me and kept smiling at the fans.

By the end of the route I remembered one thing I had forgotten. Suntan lotion. I was definitely going to burn, I always did. Then, we all went on stage for speeches. Alot of the guys didn't have anything planned, so this wouldn't take long. Ken and Mick were the first to start, and they talked about what a great team we were and how we deserved to win more than anyone else, and so on.

The guys went up in pairs, Aaron and Jimmy went up together, said a few things but sat back down quickly. Aaron sat back down next to me, "Your getting really red you know that?"
"Yeah, I burn easily.."
He sniffed the air around him, "Do you smell...bacon?!"
"Oh my god, you are such an ass. I'm not going to smell like bacon!"
"Well, your gunna look like it then!" I shook my head even though it was probably true.
Huds came up to the podium next, and got the crowd cheering "Let's go Red Wings" but what was coming out of his mouth sounded more like "Vet's go Ved Vings." The crowd was cracking up, and so was the team.



[Well, this update was sooner than expected, I've been kinda busy lately. But, I have been in an amazing mood ever since the Wings won the Winter Classic. I was about ready to pull my hair out after the first period though. But it got better so that's good. Anyone watch? Wanna talk about it let me know!]

6 comments:

Kayla Elizabeth said...

Sorry, I wanted the Blackhawks to win the Winter Classic so I can't really compare notes with ya lol.
I'm upset they lost but overall it was a fun game.

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Great chapter & can`t wait for more. As for the winter classic I wanted the Hawks to win.

♥Madi said...

I dont get what everyone has against the wings.
its starting to make me mad, to put it in a nice way.
there not a bad team at all, they dont play dirty, nor are they cocky about anything. like some other teams i will not name (:

Katie said...

This was a really good chapter!
Considering I was at the parade, I remember this all clearly. lol.
and I agree with you! I really don't understand why everyone hates our team! we're just a bunch of nice, skilled players. I mean I like the Blackhawks and the Penguins, but all of their fans seem to hate our team/fans. hahah.

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

This is just one fan's view of this all... I have never liked the Wings, I don't know why I just don't. I don't like a lot of other teams either. I'm sorry if I like other teams more than yours and it offends you.

And I have nothing against Wings' fans, well as a collective group I have nothing against you, there are a few individuals who really pissed me off during the Finals.

And last but not least the Penguins are not cocky and we may play a physical game, but we certainly do not play dirty.

♥Madi said...

We all have our opionin on things, I get it.
I dont like other teams either.
but i never said the Pens were cocky, i did say other teams though.