Friday, December 12, 2008

Forever and Ever;56

The first period was just....okay. We were winning 1-0 by a wrist shot from Rafalski, We could have been doing better. We all headed back into the locker room. I talked to Jimmy about nothing in particular, he wasn't talkative anyway. I noticed his hand shaking, god was he nervous. I looked at him, and he finally met my gaze. I smiled and pecked his lips. He flinched away, as I noticed I has accidentally bit his bottom lip. I looked surprised, "What was that for?" I laughed, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." He still stared at me, expecting me to say something more. I moved around in my seat like a little kid, and it made him laugh. "I guess I'm just really nervous. "


He shook his head, "Yeah me too."


"I could tell." I pointed to his hand, which was still shaking.


I kissed him one more time, this time managing not to bite his lip. "Ew PDA!" Aaron screeched as he walked past. I punched his in the shoulder.





This was one of the times I missed Stevie the most. He always had something to say at this time. As where Nick was more of a quiet guy and kept to himself. But that was a whole different story, and it wasn't time for that anyway.





I guess I was caught up in my own thoughts because everyone was filing out the door for the second period before I knew it. I quickly got up and ran out behind them. When the Pens stepped back onto the fresh ice, their fans went crazy. The place was packed, I couldn't fine one empty seat even if I tried. And then there was our fans. Who had came all the way from Detroit. There was a few of them, scattered around in different spots. I let the guys warm up while I talked to the press. They wanted to know everything, but I told them practically nothing. I didn't even know why they talked to me anymore, but I found it amusing.





Eight minutes into the period Val scored a sweet backhand from Sammy and Kronwall. We were doing good... for now. The game was getting more intense as time ticked away. Most of the guys were exhausted already, I sat there wishing I could do something. We took one to many penalties and the Penguins took advantage of that. I groaned when Malkins slap shot when in the back of the net. Sidney looked amazingly happy when he skated past me, giving me a small smile. I looked away, acting like I didn't see him. And that was all for the second period.

I kept trying to get ahold of Morgan, I wasn't sure where she was but I knew she had came on the trip. She wouldn't have missed this game for anything. I kept calling her phone over and over again, but she never answered. She probably couldn't hear it over all the noise.

Into the third Ozzies goal tending was making me nervous. He was doing well... for now. I always thought he cracked under pressure but I would never say that to him. We were way ahead in shots, and the Pens seemed to be lagging. Our guys were slowing down also, but I tried my best to keep them going. I wasn't sure if it was really helping, but whatever. Hank scored not long after Babs told the guys to "Move their asses"



Time ticked away as the period was going by fast, there hadn't been any penalties yet. Jimmy kept counting face offs, which we were also ahead in. My heart was pumping faster as there was only two minutes left in the period, but the refs called a penalty on Huds "Hooking", yeah right. Now we had to pull this off. Babcock told the guys his plans and sent them back out. I guess his talk didn't help much. Hossa scored not long after on a slap shot. I kept trying to tell myself it was okay.

The last forty seconds were chaotic, we needed to clear the puck- and now. Hossa and Sid came speeding towards the net. Hossa tried to back hand it in, Ozzie came out as far as he could and went to stop it with his arm. The whole time by heart didn't beat once. It skitted across the line just as time expired. I could tell that it wasn't a goal. My jaw dropped and the final buzzer rang.

Ozzie shook off his equipment as all the guys jumped on top of him. I stood by the bench, letting them have their moment. Aaron came up from behind me and put a Stanley Cup Champions hat on my head, "You're part of this team to you know."
"I know, but I can't really skate over there too well with a cast on, so I'll just wait."
He looked at me like I was crazy, and picked me up like it was nothing. He skated over and put me down next to Jimmy, who was surrounded by his friends and family. I looked up at him, a huge smile on my face. I stood on my toes and kissed him like crazy, and everything around us seemed like a blur.

2 comments:

♥Morgan said...

Aww!! I loved it!! I hope you update again soon! Love this story! =]

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Great chapter as always, even though it brings back bad memories.

Can`t wait for more.