Thursday, December 25, 2008

Forever and Ever;;58

I finally found Morgan, who had said she was sitting with Val's parents the whole time. I could tell she had been crying- a usual for her.

"Did you see the pictures yet? I had her show them to me." She pointed to a nearby photographer.

I shook my head, "Nope."

"Oh, they are soo funny. I cried though. You and Aaron in the first one, just hilarious. "

I tried to think about back to the first one they took.. but, there were to many thoughts in my head right now, I would just have to wait til' I saw it.



I finally spotted my dad in the corner, and ran over to him.

"Daddy!" I screamed. "We did it." Oh god, here came the tears.

He smiled, to afraid to think he would cry too. It was hard for him to admit, but he was a big baby.

"We can talk later hun, go have some fun."

"Oh, ok..."



Aaron and Brett caught my attention from across the room. Aaron's eyes were halfway closed and they were both slurring their words. "This fuggin rocks!" Brett yelled. He was holding up a bottle, that I'm pretty sure he had finished it off himself. I shook my head, "I think you guys better get dressed. Don't you wanna get home?" I tried my best not to laugh at the confused looks on their faces. They nodded their heads, getting that they understood.



While the guys were changing I sat with Morgan, chatting about the game and how we almost went into overtime for the second game in a row. I tried to blow it off, since it didn't matter now, but we could be going back home right now, without the cup.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, so I took it out and looked at the caller ID. It was Jimmy. I looked around, wondering why he didn't just tell me to come over himself, without calling. I shrugged my shoulders and picked up anyway.
"What?"
I could tell he was laughing slightly, "Where the hell are you? I can't see you anywhere."
"Uh, I'm sitting with Morgan, close to Val's locker you dumbass...." I laughed.
"Oh well, come over here. I can't celebrate with out you!" And then he hung up.
I shook my head, but what he said but a smile on my face. "What is it?" Morgan asked, now standing very close to Val.
"Oh, its Jimmy. I'll be right back."
I pushed through crowds of people, finally making my way over to his locker.

He wrapped his arms tightly around me before I could say anything. "I love you, more than anything in the whole world." He whispered in my ear. I was surprised, not knowing why he needed to tell me this now, but it didn't matter.

I played with his hands, "I love you too..." I smiled, showing all of my teeth. He smiled to match mine. There was nowhere else I would rather be than right here. We stood that way for a few minutes, before Babcock came in and told us it was time to go. Going home made me happy, but I really wanted to stay in this moment forever. Jimmy zipped up his bag and held his hand out to me, "You ready to go?" I shook my head yes, and took his hand. I took one last look at the now trashed locker room, knowing this moment would be with me forever.
***

We all went to Cheli's when we got home last that night. Jimmy and I didn't stay long though, after a few beers we went home. I wanted to stay longer, nights like these don't come often. Tomorrow was the parade and we should be getting at least of few hours of sleep. That wasn't going to come easy though.

Jimmy threw his stuff down next to the love seat and sat on the couch, flipping on the TV. I came and sat next to him, watching a recap of the game on FSN.
"You know," He looked over at me "I still feel like I have some..unneeded energy." I was getting his drift.
"Oh really? Well you should go take a run or something."
He leaned over and kissed me roughly. "Actually, I had something else in mind." I raised my eyebrows, "Oh really, and that is....?" I tried my best to play it cool, and act like I had no idea what he was talking about, even though I knew all to well. "Oh, I think you know." He winked and shot me a mischievous grin.
He placed his hand on my lower back, throwing me over his shoulder like it was nothing. Headed for our bedroom. "Well then, you'll know sooner later."

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ohhh I liked this chapter a lot:D
Update soon please.

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Oh boy, can`t wait to see what happense next.