Thursday, January 22, 2009

Forever and Ever;;62

I took a few laps around the ice, but it really wasn't enough for me. I went into the locker room and found some old goalie gear, since mine was back at the our place. I hurried and put the equipment on and headed back out for the ice. Both of the guys gave me weird looks when they saw me.



"Take some shots will you?" I yelled at them.

Their expression didn't change when they looked at each other, "Are you sure about this?" Jimmy had to you since they were on the opposite side of the rink. I didn't get a chance to answer his question before I saw Aaron headed toward me. I watched as he shot the puck right over the net. At first, I thought he had missed, but then I figured out he was just going to mess with me. He circled around and came toward me again, this time shooting the puck high and wide.

I took my helmet off and let it fall to the ice next to me. "Are you seriously just going screw with me?!" I yelled at Aaron as we skated toward each other.
"Do you seriously think I'm going to let you get hurt again? Especially when you know whats coming along." He poked my stomach, making me jump.
"Aaron! I'm not for sure yet..." I trailed off.
"Oh, you know you are. When are you going to tell him?" I sighed and skated toward the locker room, I wasn't going to talk about this anymore.
****

The next few days seemed to drag along. I found myself pacing around for no reason. My lip was raw and all of my nails were gone, thanks to my bad habits.

One afternoon when Jimmy was out, my cell phone rang in the other room, I sprang up to get it, the number was unfamiliar at first, but It finally came to me.
"Hello? Miss Maltby?" A nurse said on the other line.
"Yes?"
"Congratulations! You're five weeks pregnant!"
The phone dropped from my ear suddenly, but I was quick to pick it back up.
"Tha- thanks." I hung up the phone.
I tried to swallow, but there was a huge lump in my throat.
I wasn't sure if I was ready for this. I was 23, I didn't think I was ready to be a Mom. And then there was Jimmy, I was sure how he would react or what he would do. I was going to try and make the very best of this.
I paced back and forth in the bedroom for over forty-five minutes, and figured the best way to tell him would be right way.

Just then I heard the front door open and heard Jimmy's keys slide across the counter top. I took a deep breath and wiped some of the tears that had fell from my eyes.
"Hey babe." He said as soon as he saw me.
"Hey..." I took a seat on the couch right new to him, taking the remote from his hand and turning the volume down.
He gave me a weird look, "What are you doing?"
"I was just wondering, how do you feel about kids?"
He shrugged his shoulders, "Kids are great, why? Morgan and Val popping another one out soon?" He laughed, but I couldn't.
"Not exactly, Jimmy, I'm the pregnant one.
I waited, but I couldn't read his expression. And, I chewed on my lip nervously.
"That's great! As long as you're happy, I'm happy." A huge smile spread across his face, and he wrapped me in a hug.
"Of course I'm happy, just surprised I guess."
"Right, so who knows?" He seemed so interested it surprised me.

"Well Morgan obviously, and Aaron, an-"
"Wait a second, you told my best friend before me?" I could tell by the look on his face he was furious.
"No, its not like that he gue-"
His face was beat red, I'd only seen his this mad once before, and that was earlier when we first started dating.
He clenched his hands together and got up quickly, without getting his keys off the counter, and slammed the door behind him. It didn't take me long to figure out where he was going. My jaw dropped as I knew what I had started between them, it made my stomach hurt so I held it tightly. Before I could even think straight I found myself running across the lawn.

3 comments:

Kayla Elizabeth said...

Oh no. This is not good!

♥Morgan said...

Ehh Myy Goddd!!! Noo Jimmeh cannot hurt poor Aaron!!! They're both just such sexyy boys!! sexyy boiisss lol had to say it. But loved the update! Can't wait for more! =D

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Oh boy. Can`t wait to see what happens.