Friday, October 17, 2008

Forever and Ever;;52

I heard the front door open as I stepped out of the shower. I quickly put on a pair of jean shorts and a tank top, knowing he would most likely walk in. And I wasn't in the mood for him to be all sweet, or romantic, or even funny.





I walked right past him in the hallway, on my way into the bedroom. I didn't want to be rude. But I just wasn't happy at all about the season almost being over. It made me upset and sad at the same time. I stood in front of the full length mirror in our bedroom, and played with my stomach. I wasn't skinny, I was built. I had large broad shoulders and a curvy stomach. Nothing about my body was special and I never really cared for it. I was built like an athlete. Like my dad.


"What are you doing?" Jimmy asked.


"I'm so fat!" I was taking all of my frustrations out on myself and the people around me.


"Whoa, you are so not fat. You actually have a really nice body."


I continued to play with it anyway. Jimmy came over and stood behind me. He placed my hands back on my said and kissed me neck, "Stop."


I stared back at my reflection in the mirror, and didn't like what I saw. I had large bags under my eyes and my skin was extremely pale.


"This isn't like you." He told me.


And I knew it wasn't. I turned around to face him, and looked straight up at him. He frowned, as did I.





I placed my hand on my forehead, "I'm sorry." Was the only thing I managed to say. He pulled me closer, placing his arms on the small of my back. I looked down at me and kissed my forehead, then my lips.



"I'm hungry" I told Jimmy, in an effort to change the subject. "Let's go get something then." I put on my sweatshirt and followed him out the door.



I sighed and rested my head against the car window, knowing he would get me to talk about what was going on. We pulled up to Chelis-our usual spot we went to eat.

1 comment:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Oh boy, can`t wait to see what happens next.