Saturday, November 1, 2008

Forever and Ever;;53

I sat down at the table, flipping through my menu. I didn't really have an appetite, but thought I should order anyway. Jimmy flipped through his menu, I could tell he was annoyed. Finally he looked up, but I looked away.


"What's going on?" He asked.


I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know, I don't usually feel this way."


I played with my fingers, "Tell me."


He would get it out of me like he usually did, "You're going to think it's stupid."


"No I won't."


"Well...it's just that hockey season is going to be over and I just get so weird about it. It's childish, so just forget we even talked about it."


"That's not stupid at all. But were going to have all summer with the cup, so it will


go by super fast. Promise."


I laughed, "Yeah hopefully."


"Oh and were going to New York to see my parents, at least once."


"As long as you promise we can go to Cambridge and visit my family."

"Of coarse."





Jimmy looked at his watch, we needed to be at the Detroit Metro at 2:30. It was getting close to one. Jimmy threw down thirty dollars on the table and we went back out to the car.


"We better not miss this flight Jimmy, or I'm going to kill you."


"It's not my fault if we miss it, your the one PSMing."


"Am not!"


"Are too!" He mimicked my voice.


I shook my head, "Drive faster!"


***


I sat down by Morgan on Red Bird II, thankfully Jimmy and I made it to the airport on time. Not thanks to me. It took me forever to limp around with my cast. I had practically given up on my crutches, they slowed me down.



I looked around the plane, searching for my dad. He was sitting up front, ne'er Cleary. Pav tripped me as I walked down the isle. I laughed and punched him in the shoulder.

"Pops!" I yelled, trying to get his attention. He turned around, "Yeah?'

"When are mom and El coming?"

"Later tonight, might want to check with her though."

I shook my head, and made my way back to my seat, making sure not to trip over Pavel's foot this time.

***

The plane ride went faster than usual, thanks to Morgan being there with me. We were back in Pittsburgh in no time. Thoughts of the game that brought us back here made my stomach flip. So close yet so far. I was actually pissed at Ozzie about it. He could have had that goal. But me being pissed at Ozzie wasn't going to make me any better at it. So I needed to get over it and move on. I tried to put happy thoughts in my head, like drinking out of the cup for the 3rd time. (:

1 comment:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

As always great chapter, can`t wait for more.