Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Forever and Ever;;51

After a while I didn't feel like crying in front of everyone anymore. I used to be pretty good at holding everything in, but not lately. I walked a little faster than I usually did, past tons of fans and photographers, out the side door. Once I heard the door close behind me, I took a deep breath and wiped away my remaining tears, "Pull it together," I kept telling myself. I was debating on weather to go back in, or just go home. Once I thought about it I figured that I needed some time by myself.






I got back to the apartment and flipped on the TV. Only to see highlights of the game. I flipped it back of and just sat there. Thoughts were running through my head a mile a minute. Jimmy walked in that exact moment. I ran to the door and wrapped my arms around him. He dropped his bag and rubbed my back. "It's alright.." He kept telling me over and over again. A tear feel down my cheek, but I brushed it away.



"I might smell." He told me. "I didn't shower." "I don't care," I told him, my face still burred in his neck. After a while, he kissed my cheek and went in to shower.


I didn't dare turn the TV back on. So I went into the bedroom, changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top. I was exhausted. All of this crying and worrying was draining me. I expected that once my head hit the pillow- I would be out. But all I did was toss and turn for about ten minutes. Jimmy came in and layed down next to me. He placed his hand on the small of my back, trying to make me feel better. "Were going to win the next one. Promise." How did he always know the right things to say to me? I turned over and smiled, that was all I needed to hear. I pressed my lips against his, knowing things would soon get better.


***


Jimmy got up early for practice the next morning, and I started to get ready since we were leaving that night. I took a suitcase out of our walk in closet, knowing it would be the last time I would be packing to go to Pittsburgh for a while. I laughed when I came across Sidney's jersey in the suitcase. I held it up against my torso, it was the perfect size. I folded it up and threw it in the back of my closet. Putting it out of my mind for now. I continued packing for what was ahead, which was going to be a long hard game.

1 comment:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Aww, even though I know what happened during the game, I can`t wait to see what happens next.